Security System Technician
We are looking for an experienced Security System Technician based in Toronto or the surrounding areas.
Who is Spotter Security?
We have been designing and installing custom security solutions for businesses and commercial sites in Canada since 2014. Our happy clients include many construction (builder, developer) companies, manufacturing plants, commercial plazas, logistics companies, warehouses, data centers, education institutes and other commercial properties. The 3 main services we provide are: Video surveillance systems, Live video monitoring and access control systems.
Our mission is to install the right security solution for our customers so that they never feel let down. And we can only fulfill this promise to our customers when we have a happy team serving our customers enthusiastically. Therefore, we are always looking for someone who will succeed and grow as an individual together with our company. We strive to make sure that our customers are happy, and we do this by make sure that our employees, who serve them, are happy.
A Spotter Security Technician
- Can pickup and learn things quickly
- Is creative at solving problems and getting things done
- Doesn’t get overwhelmed easily when given minimal guidance
- Can thrive in a non-micromanaged environment and knows how to multi-task
- Can work with a group of people
- Owns up to their mistakes and takes ownership of their responsibilities
- Has a clean driving record
- Does not have a criminal record
- Isn’t just coming in to get a paycheque
What you should have Experience with:
- Installing low voltage cable for security cameras, card access systems, and alarm systems
- Terminating CAT5/6 cable with RJ45 and also into a patch panel
- Mounting and terminating access control panels – S2 and Brivo would be an asset
- Mounting and focusing IP cameras – Axis, Hikvision, Avigilon would be an asset
- Mounting and terminating alarm panels – DSC would be an asset
- Mounting network racks and wall enclosures
- Installing and terminating door strikes and card reader
- IP Cameras – Axis, Hikvision, Avigilon, or equivalent (minimum of 2 years)
- Access Control – S2, Brivo, Avigilon, or equivalent (minimum of 2 years)
- Alarm Systems – DSC or equivalent (minimum 2 years)
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
What’s Next, I want to apply:
- Read about our company and what we do, make sure you are interested in it.
- Email your resume and cover letter/portfolio to HR@spottersecurity.com
- If you’re a good fit, we will email you a link to take a 20-30 minute test.
- After the test, we will set up a 10-minute phone interview
- Depending on the phone interview, we will then schedule a face-to-face interview
Good luck – we look forward to hearing from you.