Security System Technician
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Start date: As soon as possible
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Number of positions: 2
Spotter Security is growing, and we are looking for talented technicians who will grow with us. Are you a great problem solver who learns quickly, has strong people skills, and works well with minimal guidance? If so, we want you as part of our team!
Our Security Systems and Alarms Technicians are the face of our company – as the person with whom our clients will meet with most often, your success will build positive relationships with our clients.
Security Systems Technicians Overview
You will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and updating security systems. Our technicians work individually and in teams, and we encourage you to support each other. Technicians will visit client worksites across the GTA, and will need to begin and end each day at our Richmond Hill office.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Install low voltage cable for security cameras, card access systems, and alarm systems
- Terminate CAT5/6 cable with RJ45 and into a patch panel
- Mount and terminate access control panels – S2, Brivo, Avigilon
- Mount and focus IP cameras – Axis, Avigilon
- Mount and terminate alarm panels – DSC
- Mount network racks and wall enclosures
- Install and terminate door strikes and card readers
If you enjoy problem solving and will push yourself to learn and exceed expectations, this could be the job for you!
Experience & Skills
- Experience installing and maintaining security and alarm systems
- Have a valid G-license and good driving record
- Good organization and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Please clearly indicate relevant experience on your resume.
Who is Spotter Security?
We have been designing and installing custom security solutions for businesses and commercial sites in Canada since 2004. Our happy clients include many construction companies, manufacturing plants, commercial plazas, logistics companies, warehouses, data centers, education institutes, and other commercial properties. We provide 3 main services:
- Video surveillance camera systems,
- Live video monitoring, and
- Access control systems.
Our mission is to install the right security solution for our customers so that they never feel let down. And we can only fulfill this promise to our customers when we have a happy team serving our customers enthusiastically. Therefore, we are always looking for talented people who will want to grow with our company. We strive to make sure that our customers are happy, and we do this by make sure that our employees, who serve them, are happy.
I want to apply! What’s next?
- Read about our company to make sure you want to join our team.
- Apply with a resume and cover letter/portfolio
- Complete a short online test (about 30 minutes)
- Answer in-take questions during quick phone interview
- Meet us for a face-to-face interview
Good luck – we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected at each stage to continue will be contacted.
Spotter Security is committed to providing accommodations throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodations.